Nobody thinks about a locksmith until they need one. The only problem with that is that it’s never a good idea to make important decisions in the middle of a stressful situation… like being locked out of your home or vehicle in the middle of the night.
Choosing the right locksmith is important because whatever locksmith you choose will have access to your home, office or vehicle. You want to work with someone you can trust. The best way to make sure you hire a quality locksmith is to look for one in advance. That way you can find the perfect locksmith for your situation. Whether you need someone to repair and open locks, make keys, change locks and safe combinations, or install and repair safes, you want to feel you’re in good hands. Working with the right locksmith can help you prevent break-ins. Statistics show that a burglary occurs once every 15 seconds. Each burglary can cost the victim an average of $2,251. That’s why you need to protect your loved ones when you’re home and away from home. Hiring security professionals can give you peace of mind.
But how do you choose the right locksmith to hire? And how can you keep from getting ripped off? Read on for a few tips…
- Do your homework upfront. Ask questions to make sure you’ll be making a wise decision. For instance, ask about the locksmith’s response times. A good locksmith will show up as soon as possible. Ask about their fees and their insurance coverage. A trustworthy locksmith will be upfront about their prices.
- Ask the locksmith to bring a written copy of the estimate. If the estimate you are given seems low, make sure that it includes all fees and charges. That means the fee for a service call, labor, replacement parts, additional fees for mileage, responding to a night call, fuel surcharge, tool usage or other items. You don’t want any surprises once the job is done.
- Find out if the locksmith has proper locksmith insurance coverage to protect you against loss in case your property is damaged during the service call.
- A quality locksmith will be fully insured.
- You also want to ask if they’ve done similar jobs in the past. Ideally, the locksmith you select will have plenty of experience doing the kind of work you need done.
- Perhaps most of all you want a locksmith who will stand behind all of their work and guarantee your satisfaction with their service.
If you want to ensure you pick the right person for the job, it’s important to read between the lines when speaking two potential service providers and to look for signs of the right traits during your interactions with them.
What should you be looking for? Some traits to keep an eye out for include:
- Good customer service
- Fast and efficient locksmith services
- Trained & experienced staff
- Ability to service your business, house, or car
- Ability to provide security maintenance and installation.
- A locksmith that offers 24-hour emergency service. Emergency situations such as lockouts from a vehicle or home can happen anytime, day or night and you want to know the locksmith you depend on will be there for you.
There’s nothing wrong with start-up companies, but are they going to have the expertise to handle all your needs? Find this out before you decide to work exclusively with any locksmith. Choosing a locksmith is an important decision. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be a difficult one. With a little effort, you can find the perfect locksmith for all of your security needs.
Are you looking for a good locksmith in Perth? Contact us today!