The security of your home or business is a primary concern. At Positive Security we believe it is our concern as well. We are available to help with your security issues and will work to enhance your security.
We believe that it is wise to take precautions that secure your property and those you love. Advertisements for various security systems are nearly everywhere, but people often overlook the door lock which is your first line of defence. There are several reasons that you may feel that you need a different lock for your home or business.
- Perhaps someone recently moved out of your home, and you are concerned that they may have copies of the keys.
- A disgruntled employee or suspicious happenings at a place of business cause many people to seek new locks.
- You have relocated to a new home and are concerned that others could have keys to your residence.
- Your keys stick, or the old lock is difficult to turn. It is always a good idea to address these types of issues before your key breaks off in the lock or you cannot get into your home.
- You have lost your keys. We all misplace our keys from time to time. However, if you cannot find your keys after truly searching every place you believe you could put your keys, a change is your best bet.
Whatever your reason for changing locks, we at Positive Security would like you to consider an alternative to lock replacement, rekeying. Many customers who call requesting replacement locks have never heard of the option of rekeying. While we are happy to replace your lock, opting to rekey can save you time and money. Additionally, it is an ideal option if you would like to keep the look of the current lock but want to control the number of people with access to your home or business.
Rekeying is an everyday activity for locksmiths. To rekey a lock, we rearrange the pins which are inside the lock mechanism. These pins are inexpensive, and we can change the pins in much less time than it takes to replace an entire lock. After we have successfully repositioned the lock pins, the keys which once opened the lock will no longer work. Our locksmith will provide a new set of keys for the rekeyed lock, and you have what amounts to a new lock at a fraction of the cost and in much less time. If you feel concerned about your locks in your home or at your business, contact Positive Security for information about rekeying as an alternative to completely replacing an old lock. You will get the same security upgrade with a smaller price tag.